Sticky dates, crunchy roasted almonds, plump raisins and chia seeds all come together to make these little chocolatey treats. Perfect for an after dinner indulgent treat or an afternoon ‘pick me up’
- 200 g Dates, pitted
- 60 g Raisins
- 60 g Oats
- 150 g Dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 60 g Almonds, Roasted and roughly chopped
- 30 g Chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F (fan).
- Spread the almonds and oats onto a paper-lined baking tray and bake at 180C/350F for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the raisins, dates, chia seeds, vanilla, then mix to combine.
- Add the toasted mixture, a pinch of salt, to the same mixing bowl (no need to wash or rinse) then mix and squish together well with your hands to combine.
- Scoop 1 tbsp sized balls of the mixture and roughly form them with your hands.
- Place onto a tray and pop into the freezer to set.
- Melt ⅔ of the chocolate over low heat.
- Once melted add the remaining chocolate and remove the pot from the heat, then stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and coat in the chocolate and top with a sprinkling of flakey sea salt.
- Now pop them into the fridge to set for a few hours or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge.