Wake up to the delicious aroma of Banana Espresso Muffins!😋 Packed with wholesome ingredients, and not too much sugar, they’re a healthier, yet still scrumptious treat. They’re breakfast perfection!
- 3 Bananas, ripe and mashed
- 180ml soy milk
- 256g Gluten free oat flour
- 90g chickpea / gram flour
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30ml espresso
- 50g hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Lightly grease the wells of a muffin tin.
- To a large bowl, add the bananas and mash until puréed. Then add the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the remaining muffin ingredients and mix until there are no lumps left.
- Fill the wells of the muffin tin until ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle it on the muffins. Add a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts to the top of each muffin.
- Bake on the centre rack in the preheated oven for 16 – 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins, and enjoy!
- You can swap the melted vegan butter for Refined coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is coconut oil that doesn’t smell or taste like coconuts. If you prefer a distinct coconut taste, use unrefined coconut oil instead.
- Use store-bought oat flour, or make it yourself by adding old-fashioned rolled oats to a food processor and blending until you achieve a flour-like consistency.
- We don’t advise swapping out the chickpea flour for all-purpose flour as it may result in muffins that are too dense and dry.
- Prep Time: 9
- Cook Time: 16
- Category: Snacks, Desserts
- Method: Bake
Keywords: muffins, banana, banana muffins, cinnamon sugar, vegan baking