Fresh oranges, a tropical vibe pineapple, a hint of spicy ginger, a sneaky bit of turmeric and a pinch of baobab powder. All the ingredients are blended to make this vibrant, immune boosting drink.
4 oranges – peeled
300g pineapple chunks
1 lemon – peeled
50g turmeric. (about thumb sized)
50g Fresh Ginger root – peeled (about thumb sized)
2 Tbsp baobab powder
2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
50ml Apple Cider vinegar
470ml cold filtered water
- Peel the oranges, and lemon and remove as much of the white pith as you can (will make the juice bitter)
- Peel the skin off the turmeric and ginger with a spoon – if you have a high speed blender I wouldn’t worry about this step, plus its more fibre!
- Remove the skin from the pineapple and slice the flesh into chunks, avoiding the hard core – some blenders may not be able to cope with this bit.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until mixture is smooth and everything has been blended.
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag *
- Decant the mixture into a glass jug and store in the fridge
* or if you are in the UK and don’t have a nut milk bag – the nylon produce bags tescos & sainsburys sell (in the vegetable aisle) work great!
Mixture will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Alternatively you can freeze the juice into individual portions in ice cube trays and remove one the night before to defrost in the fridge over night, to be ready for you in the morning!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Juice
- Method: Blender
Keywords: orange, pineapple, ginger, turmeric, wellness juice, immunity juice, health shots, wellness shots