Refreshing and pretty pink drink, made with green tea, fresh strawberries, vegan cream and hibiscus flowers. Perfect as a sweet drink for summer.
Anyone else missing their local coffee shop or Starbucks right now?
Heres a little indulgent Green Tea Frappe style drink you can whip up in less than 20 minutes at home. Now all we need is some sunshine!
This Green Tea and Hibiscus Frappe is:
- Made with Fresh Strawberries
- Tangy Hibiscus flowers
- Antioxidant loaded Green tea.
- and a dash of indulgence with the Vegan cream
What you will need:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Dried Hibiscus Flowers / Tea bags
- Green Tea
- Plant Based Cream
- Vitamix Blender – Perfect for frozen Drinks.
- Small saucepan
- Milk Frother
Steps to this drink:
Step 1: Pureé the strawberries and water until smooth.
Step 2: Heat the pureé in a saucepan, and add the Hibiscus and Green tea. Turn off the heat and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Strain the mixture using a mesh sieve.
Step 5: Put the strained mixture in the fridge to cool.
Step 6: Whip the Cream, whilst the pureé is cooling.
Step 7: Blend the pureé, ice and milk.
Step 8: Pour into a glass – don’t spill it like Kyle did…..
Step 9: Top with whipped cream and dust with the dried Hibiscus powder. Serve with a straw (re-usable off)Print
Refreshing and pretty Pink drink, made with Green Tea, Strawberries, Vegan Cream and Hibiscus Flowers. Perfect as a sweet drink for summer.
Frozen Green Tea Frappe:
- 100g or 1/2 cup Sugar*
- 2 TBSP Loose Hibiscus flowers or 2 Tea Bags
- 2 TSP Loose Green Tea
- 400g or 4 cups strawberries
- 400ml or 1 3/4 cup Filtered Water
- 60ml or 1/4 cup Plant milk**
- 800g or 3 1/4 cups Ice approx.
Whipped Cream Topping (Optional)
- 85ml or 1/3 cup soy cream
- 2 tsp caster sugar / Sweetener
‘Dusting’ Topping (Optional):
- Ground, Dried hibiscus flowers
- Puree the strawberries and water in a high powered blender.
- Heat the pureé mixture with sugar. Bring to the boil then lower to a simmer.
- Add the Green Tea and Hibiscus to the strawberry pureé mixture turn off the heat, and let the mixture steep/infuse for 5 minutes or so.
- Strain the pureé and place in the fridge to cool down.
- Whip the cream with the sugar, either with a handheld milk frother or a electric one.
- Reserve some of the pureé if you want to add it to the bottom of the glass. If not add it all to the blender.
- Once the pureé has cooled, blend in a high speed blender with the Ice, and milk. Blend until smooth, use the tamper to ensure all the Ice has been blended and no large chunks remain. Start off at a low speed and then move the speed up to a higher setting, it should only take about 10-15 seconds in the Vitamix.
- Pour drink into glasses, and top with the whipped cream mixture and a sprinkle of dried hibiscus powder.
- Enjoy! – Don’t drink it too quick and give yourself brain freeze 😉
– If your blender has a tamper – use it to ensure you get a smoothly blended drink
*(I used white to keep the drink pale)
** (I used soy) Oat or Cashew would work well.
Keywords: Frozen Drink, Frappe, Green Tea