Buttery butternut squash, mixed with creamy chickpeas, tart cranberry sauce and pops of spicy harissa paste, this is ‘Christmas’ in a dip.
- 1 medium butternut squash approx 700 –800g
- 3–4 Garlic Cloves (more if you prefer it more garlicky)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 TBSP Tahini
- 1 TBSP Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 TSP Ground Mace
- 1/2 TSP Harissa Paste (I Love Belazu’s pastes and condiments)
- Juice of half an orange or 2 clementines
- 1–2 TBSP of Cranberry Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into large chunks, place in a roasting tray, toss in olive oil and add the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Roast covered until soft (about 30 – 40 minutes).
- Whilst the Squash is roasting, lightly toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan over a medium-low heat until fragrant.
- Once the squash is roasted, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, squeeze the garlic from its skins then blend with all the ingredients until smooth, season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
Put the hummus in a serving dish and add any extra garnishes on the top. Serve with flatbreads, crackers, crunchy veg or toasted pittas.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Method: blender